Our online Peer Support Hub is a space where autistic adults in Leeds can meet each other, give and receive peer support and useful information. It is hosted on a server on the Discord app. On there, we have:
- Chat channels for topics like employment, gaming, music, film and TV, creative work and going out.
- Chat channels for news, Discord suggestions and giving feedback about Leeds Autism AIM.
- Audio chats for things such as our Gaming Group.
- Dedicated channels for our Women-Aligned and Coproduction Groups.
- A ‘Who I am’ chat, where you can introduce yourself if you’re a new member and can read others’ posts.
- The option to send private messages to members and moderators.
- In our online community, members are there for each other too.
Who is the group for?
The Online Peer Support Hub is for autistic adults aged 18 and over in Leeds who get little or no funded support. It is completely free to join.
When and where does the group meet?
It is open 24/7, but the server is monitored during working hours by Leeds Autism AIM staff and volunteers. In our online community, members are there for each other too.
How to join the server
To access the server, you need to set up a free account at discord.com if you haven’t got one already. Then, you either need to ask for an invite from our team or join our groups mailing list if making a referral to AIM at tinyurl.com/leedsautismaimreferral. In the mailing list, we send an invite the day before each monthly Gaming Group session.