This is a project where Leeds Autism AIM works with autistic people across Leeds seeking additional support when accessing health services. The project will work with autistic patients to improve services and address health inequalities faced by local autistic people.
The project’s main aims are:
- Ensuring the health needs of autistic patients are met
- Giving autistic patients a say in how their surgeries’ services are run
- Involving autistic people more in the GP services they use
How we can help
If you are autistic and registered to a GP in Leeds, then we can help you by:
- Meeting you one-to-one to help you communicate your needs
- Pass on any feedback you have about your GP services to them
- Offering peer support from an autistic member of staff
- Co-creating autism specific health resources for use in GP appointments
Who is it for?
The Autism Health Access Project is for autistic people who are registered with a GP within the Leeds district. It cannot help if you are registered outside of the Leeds district.
We have created a series of free downloadable resources to help you communicate your health needs. They include a pain scale, symptom diary and fatigue scale. Find them by clicking on the button below.
If you would like support from the project, you can make a referral online. To do that, please fill in our referral form by clicking on the button below. If you need help to fill in the form, please get in touch and we can support you.
If you have any questions or would like support from the Autism Health Access Project, please email [email protected].