Please note that the info on this page is for family carers. It isn’t for paid carers.
The main carers’ service in the Leeds area is provided by Carers Leeds. They offer one-to-one support for carers of autistic adults and also run regular support groups across the city. Here’s how you can get in touch with them:
- Carers Leeds website
- Address: 6-8 The Headrow, Leeds, LS1 6PT
- Carers Advice Line (open Monday-Friday from 9am to 4.30pm; Wednesday 8am-6:30pm): 0113 380 4300
- Email: [email protected]
- Carers Leeds are running their monthly group for parents, carers and partners of autistic and neurodivergent adults in Leeds (aged 16+) in person. They meet on the third Thursday of every month from 1pm-2:30pm at Carers Leeds’ office on The Headrow in Leeds City Centre. To join, please email Elaine at [email protected].
Other carers’ information
- Getting a carers’ assessment – Leeds City Council
- Post-diagnosis support – a guide for parents and carers – National Autistic Society
- Carers Leeds Emergency Card – a free card for carers to use in emergency situations
- Benefits – National Autistic Society
- Breaks for carers – Leeds City Council