Receiving the benefits you’re entitled to is something you’ll want in place. Here, we look at where you can get advice and support for benefits, personal finance and related topics.
Chapeltown Citizens Advice Bureau
The Chapeltown Citizens Advice Bureau can offer specialist advice on benefits such as Universal Credit and Personal Independence Payment (PIP). If you’re applying for PIP, they can offer you advice on how to fill in the form and gauge whether or not you’ll be able to receive it.
Ian Dooley is their specialist autism outreach worker. He is available at both of Leeds Autism AIM’s drop-in hubs and can offer additional outreach support when needed.
- Address: Willow House, New Roscoe Buildings, Cross Francis Street, Leeds LS7 4BZ
- Website: https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/local/chapeltown/
- Phone: 0113 262 2281
- Email: Ian Dooley, Chapeltown CAB
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ChapeltownCitA
Leeds Citizens Advice Bureau
Leeds CAB offers more services for people throughout Leeds. They have an office in the City Centre that’s open Monday to Friday and can be contacted via phone or email.
- Phone: 0808 278 7878
- Website: https://citizensadviceleeds.org.uk/
- Email: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1WANXq49W4MFPx7WSISsmo6B0D5cvw1MLIZMUr6wLcWs
Leeds City Council’s Welfare Rights Unit can give you free, confidential advice. They can help you to complete claim forms and offer guidance and support when making appeals.
- Website: https://www.leeds.gov.uk/benefits/welfare-rights
- Phone: 0113 376 0452 (Monday to Thursday 9am to 4.30pm, Wednesdays 10:15am to 4:30pm and Friday 9am to 4pm)
- Email: [email protected]
Money Information Centre (MIC)
The Money Information Centre is run by Leeds City Council and contains links to money advice services throughout the city.
- Website: https://www.leeds.gov.uk/leedsmic
National Autistic Society – online resources
The NAS have an information hub on their website with information on finances, including benefits and planning for the future:
Run by Leeds Mind, Community Links and Touchstone, Workplace Leeds is a service for people with mental health issues looking to get back into work. They provide support that can help you every step of the way, at your own pace. Here are their contact details:
Better Leeds Communities
Better Leeds Communities can offer advice on issues around benefits and welfare. Housing and debt are other areas of expertise. They can be contacted through their website, over the phone and via email. Here are their details:
- Website: https://betterleeds.org.uk/our-services/debt-and-finances
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: 0113 275 4142
They offer free, impartial and independent debt advice, budgeting support, letter writing, energy bill saving, income maximisation services and much more. Money Buddies don’t judge, tell or charge.