In March, we will be running free training sessions for anyone who would like to become an Autism Mentor with us. The training will be across three separate sessions, covering autism awareness, mentoring and a volunteer induction.
As an autism mentor, you will:
- Meet regularly with your mentoring match – an autistic adult in Leeds
- Help them to identify and achieve life goals
- Help them to overcome barriers
More information can be found on the Mentoring page of our website.
When is the training?
The dates and times for each training session are as follows:
- Working with Autistic Adults – Saturday 2nd March, 10am-3:30pm
- Mentoring Skills training – Saturday 16th March, 11am-3:30pm
- Volunteer Induction – date and time to be confirmed
All three sessions will be at The Advonet Group’s office, at this address:
The Advonet Group
Unity Business Centre
26 Roundhay Road
The venue has step-free access, as well as accessible toilets. We will provide refreshments for all three training sessions.
Book your place
To book on our Autism Mentor training, please email Beth, our Volunteer Coordinator, at [email protected]. Please also get in touch with Beth if you have any questions about the role.